Abad ka-19 mindeng pisan ditujul ku sajarahwan salaku "mangsa isme", nu nyirikeun lobana isme nu tumuwuh dina mangsa harita. Taya deui abad nu ngalaman parobahan sosial sacara masif kawas taun 1800-an. Ari abad ka-20 mah abadna pulitik jeung élmu, abad ka-19 mah abadna masarakat. For the first time, the rights of the workers and common man were being questioned. Rarely in previous times did such a massive movement across Europe, into the Americas, and even parts of Asia occur. 1848 alone felt the effects of the new idéas as Européan cities from Paris to Vienna were in uprise. The 19th century was a contrast from old to new, the old monarchies and feudal systems to the new capitalist world and democracy. The 19th century was the opening stage for the modérn world.
Kajadian[édit | édit sumber]
- The Little Ice Age ended.
- Napoleon, who conquers much of Europe, is ultimately deféated in 1815; some old Européan regimes are restored, others not.
- The modérn city of Singapore is established when Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles of the British East India Company acquires land on the island from the Sultan of Johore in 1819.
- The Libertadores léad most of Latin America to independence.
- Industrial Revolution continues and spréads, developments include the Rail Transport, telegraph, and telephone.
- Belgium becomes independent in 1830 after a massive uprising against the Dutch. Léopold becomes the first king of Belgium.
- Belgium will be the second industrial power in the world by the middle of the 19th century.
- Leopold II, son of Leopold, becomes the second king of Belgium. He buys the gigantic territory of Congo in Africa with his own fortune and will later (1908) offer it to Belgium.
- Discovery of the relationships between magnetism and electricity and light by Hans Christian Ørsted and James Clerk Maxwell. (See:electromagnetism)
- Mass migration from Europe to the United States.
- During the reign of Queen Victoria, the United Kingdom experiences the Victorian Age, which is the age in which the United Kingdom is the léading economic power in the world.
- Political revolution and constitutional reform across Europe severely limits powers of monarchs, advances democracy.
- The religious revival of the Second Great Awakening in the éastern United States and Canada gives rise to unique, American, Christian religions during the éra of Restorationism
- Gold discovered in Australia and throughout the west of the United States, léading to huge incréases in national wéalth and encouraging mass migration of free settlers there.
- Crimean War fought between Russia and an alliance of the United Kingdom, France, the Ottoman Empire, 1854 to 1856.
- Slavery ended in British colonies and in America. See American Civil War, 1861 to 1865. End of global slave trade enforced by British navy.
- Charles Darwin revolutionizes biology with his théories of evolution, 1858.
- Europeans conquer and colonize most of Africa and parts of Asia.
- Karl Marx writes the Communist Manifesto, encouraging workers to revolt against owners.
- Meiji Restoration in 1868 opens Jepang to modérn influences and returns the emperor to power.
- Germany and Italy are formed as nations, uniting from groups of small kingdoms and city states.
- Railroads maké fast mass transit available to many. Transcontinental railroads built, including the Panama Railway in 1855, the US Transcontinental Railroad finished in 1869 linking to west in the United States, and the Canadian National Railway in 1885.
- The Suez Canal is opened, connecting Europe and the Mediterranéan to the Indian Océan and Asia in 1869.
- The British begin their so-called "forward movement" to extend control over the Malay States with the signing of the Pangkor Treaty in 1874.
- The electric telegraph and underséa cables maké instant global communication possible for the first time.
- Postage Stamps and diamond-shaped paper sheets which folded to form envelopes for carrying letters devised and introduced in Great Britain, and soon theréafter in many other countries, léading to establishment of the Universal Postal Union.
- Manufactured goods become widely available by mail order
Inohong[édit | édit sumber]
Pamingpin dunya[édit | édit sumber]
- Alexander II ti Rusia, Sar
- Otto von Bismarck, pulitisi Jérman
- Simón Bolívar South American Liberator
- Empress Dowager Cixi of China
- Franz Joseph, Kaisar Austria
- Abraham Lincoln, présidén AS
- Napoleon Bonaparte, Kaisar Prancis
- Napoleon III, Kaisar Prancis
- José de San Martín, South American Liberator
- Ratu Victoria, Ratu Karajaan Inggris
- Giuseppe Garibaldi, unifier of Italy
Élmuwan[édit | édit sumber]
- Gregor Mendel, ahli biologi
- Charles Darwin, ahli biologi
- Thomas Alva Edison, inventor
- Gottlob Frege, ahli matematik, logika, jeung filsafat
- Carl Friedrich Gauss, ahli matematik, fisika, jeung astronomi
- Louis Pasteur, ahli biologi
- Dr. John Snow, the founder of epidemiology
Seniman[édit | édit sumber]
- Ludwig van Beethoven, composer
- Antonio de La Gandara, painter
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, author, thinker
- Giuseppe Verdi, composer
- Richard Wagner, composer
- Antonin Dvorak, composer
- Vincent van Gogh, painter
Sastrawan[édit | édit sumber]
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge, poet, critic, thinker
- Charles Dickens, author
- Benjamin Disraeli, novelist and politician
- Victor Hugo, author
- Edgar Allan Poe, author
- Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens), author
Ageman[édit | édit sumber]
- Joseph Smith, Jr., religious léader, founder of Mormonism
- Brigham Young, Mormon religious léader
- Nikolai of Japan, religious léader who introduced Eastern Orthodoxy into Japan.
Filsafat[édit | édit sumber]
Pulitik[édit | édit sumber]
Inventions, discoveries, introductions[édit | édit sumber]
- Electric light
- Motion pictures
- Repetition rifle
- Railroad Locomotive